School Holidays Early Literacy Program
The school holiday reading program at Apex Tutoring is a great opportunity to keep your kids entertained and engaged in learning over the school holidays. The program is designed to improve literacy in early primary school students, a skill that’s critical to all aspects of learning. Your child will work in a pair with another child and with a qualified primary school teacher experienced in early primary teaching and tutoring.
Research shows that paired reading can be a highly effective approach to improving reading in young children. Paired reading can provide encouragement, modelling, and reinforcement that children may not otherwise get in a classroom setting, while catering to their individual needs.
The program involves a one hour session, twice per week, with bookings on Tuesday and Thursday mornings and afternoons during the weeks of the 7th, 14th, and 21st of January. Prebooking is essential as places are limited. The program is $50 per week per student and payment must be made in advance. See below for our terms and conditions.
Contact us or fill out the form below for bookings or additional information.
Early Literacy Program Terms and Conditions
- The Early Literacy Program must be prepaid in order to guarantee a reserved time.
- The program must be prepaid in full in order for the attendee to commence lessons.
- If you wish to cancel your reserved time, your payment is fully refundable only up to 7 days before the start of the program on January 8th, 2019. If your payment is made within 8 days of the start of the program, your payment will be fully refundable only within 24 hours after payment is received.
- By paying for the class, you are reserving an appointment time on the days of the program. Refunds will not be given if you cancel your reservation less than 7 days before the start of the program or after the program has already commenced on January 8th, 2019. Refunds or discounts will not be given if the attendee is unable to attend all reserved times.
- If the attendee is unable to attend their reserved times, you may transfer your place to another person before the start of the program on January 8th, 2019. After this time, places are non-transferable.
- The attendee and their family who will be on our premises must abide by our standards of conduct, listed below. The first violation will result in a warning, repeated violations may result in the attendee being asked to leave the premises. If the attendee is asked to leave the premises due to violating our standards of conduct, you will not receive a refund in part or in full.
- You must not be disruptive to other attendees by creating excessive noise or distractions.
- You must respect others, including the other attendees and teachers, and must not use derogatory language or physical violence toward any person on the premises.