At Apex Tutoring services, we work with some of the best and brightest tutors on the Central Coast. If you think you have what it takes to be an excellent tutor and are interested in working with us, please drop us a line! Even if we don’t have any open roles at the moment, we’re always happy to consider potential new tutors.
- Local to the Central Coast, New South Wales, Australia – We are a local business and do all of our tutoring from our location. We don’t travel to client’s houses and we don’t outsource. So we will consider candidates that are local to the area and able to commute to our business location.
- Education – To ensure that our tutors are of the highest quality, our minimum education requirement is that you are enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program or have completed your degree. (We may consider an exception for specialty subjects such as foreign languages.) You should also have education relevant to the subject(s) you tutor. This may be from your current field of study at university, your HSC, or TAFE qualification.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills – Education isn’t everything when it comes to being a tutor. Your ability to connect with and communicate with a diverse range of people is just as important.
- Technologically proficient – We utilise a range of technologies to deliver the best experience for our students. We also sometimes do our lessons online if a student is unwell or unable to come in person. You should be able to do research, find materials, use video conferencing, and generally find your way around new programs and technology relatively easily.
- Working with Children Check and ABN – You will need to have a current WWCC number before you start tutoring. You will also need an ABN, which you can obtain after you start tutoring.
Current Open Positions:
- Chemistry tutor – candidates able to teach Chemistry for HSC and high school students
- Engineering tutors – candidates who can teach electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, or other engineering fields for TAFE and university students
- Other tutors – we welcome applications from tutors in any subject. When there are no suitable positions available, successful applicants may be placed on our substitute/on-call list, which may lead to a more regular position in the future
How to Apply:
You can apply by completing the form below. At the next stage you will be asked to submit a resume.