At Apex Tutoring services, we work with some of the best and brightest tutors on the Central Coast. If you think you have what it takes to be an excellent tutor and are interested in working with us, please drop us a line! Even if we don’t have any open roles at the moment, we’re always happy to consider potential new tutors.
- Local to the Central Coast, New South Wales, Australia – We are a local business and do all of our tutoring from our location. We don’t travel to client’s houses and we don’t outsource. So we will consider candidates that are local to the area and able to commute to our business location.
- Education – To ensure that our tutors are of the highest quality, our minimum education requirement is that you are enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program or have completed your degree. (We may consider an exception for specialty subjects such as foreign languages.) You should also have education relevant to the subject(s) you tutor. This may be from your current field of study at university, your HSC, or TAFE qualification.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills – Education isn’t everything when it comes to being a tutor. Your ability to connect with and communicate with a diverse range of people is just as important.
- Technologically proficient – We utilise a range of technologies to deliver the best experience for our students. We also sometimes do our lessons online if a student is unwell or unable to come in person. You should be able to do research, find materials, use video conferencing, and generally find your way around new programs and technology relatively easily.
- Working with Children Check and ABN – You will need to have a current WWCC number before you start tutoring. You will also need an ABN, which you can obtain after you start tutoring.
About the Role:
- As a tutor you will work one-on-one with students in the subject area(s) of your specialty, and can involve teaching subject matter, assisting with homework, planning for assignments, and general academic assistance and guidance to the student
- Our tutors work for us on a subcontractor basis. This means you will need to have an ABN (this can be obtained before or after beginning work). As a subcontractor, you have flexibility over your work schedule and can work as much or as little as you like. However, we do expect our tutors to be consistent for their students throughout the school terms, which means retaining your chosen schedule week to week.
- You will be provided with a professional work space with access to our extensive collection of resources. The only resource you will need is your own laptop or tablet. You will only need transportation to our business premise in order to work and will not need to travel to students’ homes.
- Our pay rate is competitive compared to the large tutoring agencies, especially when you factor in the fact that you will not need to travel between students’ homes. There are bonuses for tutoring HSC or specialty subjects.
Current Open Positions:
- Primary school tutors – candidates who can tutor primary school English and Mathematics
- High school tutors – candidates who can tutor English and/or Mathematics for high school students
- HSC tutors – candidates who can tutor English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and/or other HSC level subjects
- Engineering tutors – candidates who can teach electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, or other engineering fields for TAFE and/or university students
- Language tutors – candidates who are fluent/native speakers of a foreign language, especially Japanese, Mandarin, German, or Spanish
- ESL tutors – candidates who have a TESOL, TEFL, CELTA, or similar qualification
- Other tutors – we welcome applications from tutors in any subject. When there are no suitable positions available, successful applicants may be placed on our substitute/on-call list, which may lead to a more regular position in the future
How to Apply:
You can apply by completing the form below. At the next stage you will be asked to submit a resume.